I thought I'd post a quick update on my One Of Everything project.
I was all in a bother to get some sewing done this weekend, but decided instead to sit back and get all the prep work done, first. I cut out a number of the patterns; I always cut my patterns on the outline of each piece, rather than to any size, so that I don't lose size markings for smaller sizes. I then spent a bit of time staring at my stash, figuring out what fabric I'd use for what item of each pattern.
I'm really excited to sew from my stash - now that my "fashion" fabric is where I can see it, it's much more fun to play with.
When I did my last stash sort, I surprised myself by having a lot more fabric than I thought. I had been storing everything in clear plastic bins, but that wasn't a very good solution, because I couldn't actually see everything unless I pulled it out of the bins first.
When I reorganized, I basically left all the "formal" fabrics in bins, and stashed the bolts of taffeta under my cutting table, put all the under 2m cuts into a bin, and put all the regular fabric on the shelves. Notice that I have room for more fabric;
This project has given me a chance to review what I have on hand in terms of fabric and notions, and try to put together packages so that I can see if I actually need to buy any more fabric. HAHAHAHAHA!!! That makes it sound like I'm going to NOT buy fabric - it's funny 'cause it's not true!
Anyway, this is a good exercise for me - pretending that I'm going to pare down my stash and keep it pared down is great fun! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to town - Simplicity pattern sale. I have no intention of buying fabric. Let's see how that works out for me!